Making the Most of 'Free Time'

Friday 16 June 2017


First year of University is complete which now means 4 months worth of time to try and find something relaxing and fun, yet productive to do. Last year, I think it's safe to say, I definitely embraced the word 'RELAX' as that was all I seemed to do (apart from travel to Orlando, Florida for 3 weeks!) and when it came to answering the much asked question "So what did you do over the summer?", I didn't really have an answer... except sleeping and eating!
Well I decided that this year will not be a repeat of last year and I am going to try and do at least one more thing worth while other than just going on holiday. It's not that I can't think of anything to do over 12 weeks, it's just I'm dame too LAZY to make these things happen; even the smallest things!

It's probably quite clear already, but I'm a huge lover of all things creative, particularly art and photography; their my passion. Ever since I was nursery I was forever drawing and painting, it's just something I've always been good at and, most importantly, loved.

However, over the last few years I've not really been embracing these subjects as much as I'd probably have liked to, and it's my own fault for being lazy. I also think after studying my passions right through school, and now at University, I started to merge the two together, hobby and study, and never want to do any painting, drawing, ect. as it felt like work. Particularly this year (I don't know if it's to do with me turning 21 in November) but I've been looking back and feeling like I've been almost WASTING precious time due to being lazy, or "relaxing" as I used to tell myself. Well not anymore.
That is why starting this summer I'm going to spend some time developing my passion for art and photography. This Easter I took my camera with me to Portugal as I thought it would be a great opportunity for photographs, and I really really enjoyed it. I fell in love with photography all over again, so much so I just didn't want to stop!














I'm excited to begin grasping these and other opportunities across the summer, and hopefully develop a whole new love for creativity.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely post, and I hope you get to take many more photos. They're so pretty, I love them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It's so true, the summer just seems to flash by before you've time to achieve much! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! I'm in between 2nd and 3rd year and should really be spending my time taking photos as I'm doing a photography degree but I suppose sometimes you just need to embrace the free time and relax! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! It's great when you rediscover a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography skills are amazing!
    I hope you have a lovely summer off😋😋

    ReplyDelete