AFFORADABLE Summer Beauty Essentials

Sunday 16 July 2017



When it comes to makeup and beauty, I love the summer. It's time to whip out the highlight, the CC cream and the gradual tanner, and just embrace the warmer weather and the fun, exciting opportunities it offers. I don't know about you, but my makeup and beauty regime is fairly different in the summer compared to the winter months; a little less bold lip and bit more bronzer.

So, with the summer holidays fast approaching, I thought I'd share with you my summer essentials that I rely on pretty much every year without fail. This isn't to say that I don't use any of these in the autumn/winter months, but I do find myself going to town with these in the summer especially!








Bondi Sands - Gradual Tanning Milk
This is the perfect product for people (like myself until recently) who aren't as experienced at self-applying fake tan. It's quick, it's easy and unlike other tanning moisturisers, it doesn't leave any streak marks. It also provides a subtle bronze shade, great for those with a much paler skin tone that can easily develop darker if necessary with daily applications.

Eylure - Lash-Pro Individuals
I've recently found a new love for specifically individual false lashes. I always imagined them being so difficult to apply and not looking realistic, but actually it is the complete opposite. With individual lashes you can create the exact style you'd like, and why I love Eylure's individual lashes especially is because of the mix of short, medium and long lashes included in each pack.

I Heart Makeup - Summer of Love Triple Baked Bronzer
I've seen that I Heart Makeup's bronzers (and highlighters) have become somewhat of a revelation as their products have incredible pigments and shades, but most importantly, they are SUPER affordable. Definitely the best quality and most beautiful drugstore brand bronzer I have used.

Revlon - Photoready Powder
This discovery has been life-changing for me. This powder has the most amazing coverage I have even seen, but it also doesn't give that 'cakey' finish that you may expect. I've recently found myself using this powder instead of liquid foundation AS foundation most days, especially in the summer time when you don't want to be wearing layers of heavy makeup. I also personally love the variety of shades they provide. I have pale skin, but a lot of the time, ivory or light shade powders are too light, so Revlon's shade 02 - light/medium is perfect for giving a healthy colour to the face.

Mac Blusher - Modern Mandarin
I've always had a love for pink blushers as I feel they compliment my paler complexion nicely and naturally, but it the summer when you've got a tan and whipping out the bronzer, a pink blusher tends to clash. Mac's 'Modern Mandarin' is a beautiful peachy shade that still gives you a healthy colour but is slightly more flattering with a bronzier skin tone.

This is an absolute god-send for those with hair that frizzes easily like mine! I love styling my hair but it never lasts more than 10 minutes once I've stepped outside before it starts to curl and coil in places that it shouldn't be, and this can be an even bigger issue on holiday in warmer climates. Just spray this all over you hair after styling and it locks the look in place all day and all night. No need for hairspray!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the look of the baked bronzer, I have a baked blush from the same brand and its so pigmented! xo

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That summer of love bronzer looks amazing! And I've never tried putting on individual lashes, what's your best advice to do so?xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! I could have really done with that Anti Humidity Spray when I went on holiday. I'm definitely considering trying out that Revlon powder, I'm in need of a new one that isn't cakey. I still think I'd be a bit too nervous applying individual lashes.

    Faye Jessica x

    ReplyDelete